From 1911 until World War II the Middle North Amalgamated Coursing Plumpton Limited, operated an enclosed hare coursing ground on 80 acres of James Neale's land to the north east of Jamestown, where the water supply tanks are now located.
Each year two stakes were run on a 675 yard long course.
World War II saw the demise of Plumpton coursing, however 'live hare' coursing continued in the Belalie East district into the late 1950s.
The last public use of this area was for a short period between 1957 and 1963, when the Jamestown Car Club operated a dirt racing circuit.
Neil Burston, rode his bike to Jamestown today and sought some information re the site of the Speedway at Jamestown.
He was directed to the site and took some photos of the area, as per below. THANKS NEIL.
Email: Webmaster@Speedway in SA